Now that the weather is finally settling down and those late March showers are a thing of the past, it’s time to embrace the warmer weather.
Don’t wait until the Sacramento region endures its typical sweltering heat before getting your back yard summer-ready.
Here are five ways to welcome back summer now to make the most of the season:
- Solar pool heating. Start by equipping your swimming pool with Aztec Solar’s pool heating system. Our special setup will add months of swim time to your season. If you act soon enough, you can even double the time you spend inside the pool because the water will be as comfortable in October as it was in June. If you don’t think your pool needs any extra help heating up, you should take the toe-dipping test. If the water still feels too cold, despite the rising temperatures, it may be time to give Aztec Solar a call. With our system, we can use your existing pump. The water will go through all the normal filtration functions before entering our Heliocol solar panel, where it is substantially heated and recycled back into your pool for your enjoyment. If you are ready to enter a warm water paradise even before summer starts, give us a call.
- Shed makeover. After a long rainy season, it may be time to dust off and clean out your shed and organize it for summer. Now is the time to place all your summer gear within reach. From your electric lawnmower, sprinkler and gardening tools, it’s time to tidy up around this small area. When the sun is out, you’ll want to be ready for whatever comes your way. All the summer essentials should be within reach so you can handle your summer chores with a little less stress.
- It’s time to fire up the grill. Disassemble the barbecue from the tray (refer to your manufacturer instructions on that one), and clean with soapy water. A wire hand brush will also help you do the job. Then, take a look at the grill and scrub that down, too. A barbecue cleaner could remove all the grease build up from last season’s steak and burgers. Once everything is dried and free of any chemicals you may have used, let the grill burn on high for about 15 minutes, then let it cool down. Once that happens, wipe the grates with a layer of cooking oil. These tips will have your barbecue grill looking fresh, next to your heated pool, of course. More importantly, a clean grill makes for a tastier burger!
- This may not be the most pleasant task, but now is the time to clean your gutters. They will likely need it after a torturous rain season. Remove dry leaves, pine needles and other gunk left behind this winter. If you wait too long, you may forget and be caught off guard down the road. Now that the weather is warmer, pull out that ladder (from your freshly organized shed) and begin to clean out those gutters and pipes.
- Say goodbye to those unwanted weeds. All that rain likely fed everything in your lawn, including the unsightly weeds. Now is the time to clean around your bushes, flower beds and other planted areas before weeds take over. This is very important especially during the spring and early summer as your assortment of greenery and flowers begin to bloom. After all that hard work of weeding, add fresh mulch to protect your plants and freshen your landscaping and areas around your heated pool. While you’re out there, the time right before summer is the perfect period to reseed and fill bald patches in your lawn.
For more than 35 years, Aztec Solar has provided the services, products and expertise to power homes and businesses using green energy technology, including pool heating. Contact us today to get started!