A new video from Vote Solar captures the immense energy that hundreds of solar workers recently brought to Washington D.C. urging President Trump to #SaveSolarJobs.
The American solar industry employs 260,000 people across all 50 states, and creates a new job every 10 minutes. The growth of the industry and its job creation could be in jeopardy with new proposals being considered by the federal government.
The sector of solar photovoltaic installers is the fastest-growing job in the United States (between 2012 and 2016, according to a recent report).
Clean energy jobs support a wide range of workers including engineers, construction workers, installers, maintenance crews, manufactures, sales representatives and IT employees. Here are some numbers:
- 2 million workers are helping families and businesses save money by making buildings efficient.
- More than 600,000 workers focus on clean power generation, including wind and solar.
- 100,000 workers specialize in advance energy storage and power grid technologies.
- 100,000 individuals are exploring the technologies and usefulness of biofuels.
- Clean transportation, like hybrid, electric and fuel cell cars provides employment to more than 200,000 workers.
Check out the video below from Vote Solar, a non-profit grassroots organization working to fight climate change and foster economic opportunity by bringing solar energy into the mainstream.