Earth Day is coming up on April 22, and to get ready for it, Aztec Solar thought it would be a great time to share some amazing facts about solar and the benefits it can bring to the planet.
Here are seven amazing facts about solar energy.
- Wind and solar energy could supply 80 percent of the energy needs in the U.S.
- Eight out of 10 people around the world say the world should be run entirely on renewable energies, including solar.
- Wind and solar energy helped prevent the premature deaths of up to 12,700 people over a nine-year period in the United States.
- In March 2017, green energy provided more than 10 percent of the monthly electricity for the entire United States.
- 2016 went down as the year when solar energy became the same price or less than fossil fuels in many areas across the globe.
- In 2015, renewable energy overtook coal in power capacity.
- A solar-powered plane flew around the world.
The power of solar is incredible. The sun’s capabilities and power are hard to grasp, but undeniable. The sun’s core can reach more than 27 million degrees! And did you know that Sacramento summers are the sunniest in the world? Sacramento, in fact, averages 13 hours of sunshine per day during the first months of summer. That means more time lounging in the sun and it also means larger savings for solar owners.
We hope you take the time on April 22 to appreciate the natural aspects of the planet. Earth Day is a time to take a step back for a moment and soak in the beauty of our habitat. The more ways we can preserve it the better for future generations, and solar is a big part of that.
If you are interested in doing your part by going solar, contact us today!