Solar Power Rocks gave the state a good grade this year in their 2018 Solar Report Card.
The Golden State is still considered one of the best places to install solar panels for home energy systems and especially for those homes or businesses that have a south- or west-facing roof. The biggest advantage seems to be how the bright afternoon sun captures renewable energy during peak solar energy price hours.
Overall, California ranked 12th place out of all 50 states for green solar power. Forty percent of the 2018 ranking is based on incentives for cutting down solar panel cost. If you don’t know yet, there are many benefits to solar panel installation, including these incentive options:
- Tax Credits – The recently extended Investment Tax Credit is 30 percent through 2019, before dropping to 26 percent in 2020, and to 22 percent in 2021.
- Solar Rebates – If you want a commercial solar pool heater, a rebate paid directly to you may help offset the price.
- Sales Tax Exemptions – Many states don’t collect state and local sales tax on a solar panel system either. They want to encourage consumers to install solar panels, not discourage them with a heavy tax burden.
- Property Tax Exemptions – Many home improvements result in higher property taxes, but that’s not always the case with solar panels. Many jurisdictions won’t raise your assessed property value at all.
- Performance Payments – Solar power customers are often rewarded with a per kilowatt hour bonus or a Solar Renewable Energy Certificate. This can be a great way to reduce part of the installation of a new solar water heater.
Today, solar panels offer a lot of value to customers in both renewable energy and financial gains. If you’re considering solar, we’re always here to answer questions and help in any way we can.
Call us at 916-853-2700, or email us today at [email protected]