SOMAH – Solar On Multifamily Affordable Housing
Installation prices are at an all-time low
What is SOMAH?
The Solar on Multifamily Affordable Housing (SOMAH) program offers solar customers financial incentives for placing systems on these types of facilities to offset the cost. This is a community-based program intended to financially help low-income families and is managed by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Is your multifamily affordable housing unit eligible?
To be eligible for the SOMAH program, your property should:
- Be a retrofit or existing structure.
- Have metered units separately.
- Have a minimum of five units.
- Be low-income residential, deed-restricted housing.
- Meet one of the following:
- Be located in a defined disadvantaged community (DAC).
- Have 80 percent of the residents with 60 percent or below the median income of the area.
- Be a customer in the area of one of the following companies: San Diego Gas & Electric , PacifiCorp, Southern California Edison, Liberty Utilities or Pacific Gas & Electric.
How SOMAH Works
As a property owner, you can get upfront, capacity-based, fixed incentives for going solar. How much is paid out is dependent on how large the system is and the amount of energy split between common area load and tenants. The location, shading and orientation also plays a factor.
Why Aztec Solar?
Aztec Solar is a SOMAH-approved solar provider with over 39 years of experience in the Sacramento region. Multifamily housing is one of the main components of our commercial solar services. Our top-notch customer service, dedication to quality products and our professional installers are a great combination that will help you rest assured that your solar project is in good hands.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SOLAR PV ADVANTAGE
|No Moving Parts
|No maintenance is needed over the life of the system.
|Keep your mind at ease that your solar system is working at its best at all times.
|Gain credits from the utility company when you produce more electricity than you need for the home.
Download your FREE Solar Electric Buyer’s Guide